DENMARK’S DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE TO TANZANIA 2007-2011
DANISH ASSISTANCE WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE JOINT ASSISTANCE STRATEGY FOR TANZANIA
From 2007, Denmark’s development assistance to Tanzania will be provided as an integral part of a Joint Assistance Strategy shared by all donors in Tanzania. In the period 2007-2011, the Danish support of the implementation of the Joint Assistance Strategy will focus on four main areas:
· A dynamic business environment.
· Public health.
· Management of natural resources.
· Budget support, which goes directly to Tanzania’s Ministry of Finance and helps fund the implementation of Tanzania’s Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty.
In addition, Denmark will support:
· Democracy and good governance.
· Public administration.
· Cooperation between Tanzanian and Danish companies.
· Refugees and the local communities hosting them.
As part of the agreement between the donors about a more clear-cut division of labour, it has been decided that the Danish support towards construction and maintenance of roads and to agricultural development will cease when the currently funded activities come to an end.
Asiatisk Plads 2
1448 København K
This page forms part of the publication 'DENMARK’S DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE TO TANZANIA 2007-2011' as the Frontpage
Publication may be found at the address http://www.netpublikationer.dk/um/8176/index.htm